Taste of APC:
The Taste of APC
The Taste of APC is the bi-monthly newsletter that provides easy to implement examples and intriguing issues, all by and for those in the trenches of independent school alumni work. Each is a collection of clear, concise ideas, blueprints, and reports 'from the field'.
What Members Have to Say About the Taste of APC:
RECENT TASTE OF APC ARTICLES:
- The Taste of APC is the #1 reason we renew our membership every year.
- I use post-it notes to identify article topics that I'll be referring back to in the future. I keep all the issues in a file and the post-its stick up and help me to quickly retrieve what I'm looking for.
- I especially liked the "Hit the Road" article. I sent copies to the headmaster and the development director, explaining to them that I thought we ought to be planning to do something similar in the next year or two. They became quite supportive after reading the article.
- I copy any article that I think someone in our office might find useful. It's a great idea stimulator and starts some good conversations.
- The article on forming an alumni website was extremely timely and quite helpful.
- I set aside one hour as my "professional reading hour." I photocopy almost every article and file each in an appropriate file, ready to be utilized when the right time comes.
- Before I started this job, my predecessor sent me 7 or 8 Taste of APC newsletters from his files. I found them to be incredibly helpful in learning about the multiple aspects of alumni relations and gave me a great set of ideas from which to start.
- MOVING A SMALL DEVELOPMENT SHOP FORWARD (PART 1)
- BRING THE FAMILY: NON-ALUM FUN AT REUNION!
- CONSULTANTS & ALUMNI DIRECTORS
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS- ONE SIZE WON'T FIT ALL
- BITS AND PIECES: LITTLE THINGS YOU'LL LIKE A LOT!
- GIVE-ALWAYS AND GIFTS…A FEW (PAGES OF) THOUGHTS
- DEALING WITH DIVERSITY
- A GREAT INVITATION
- ALUMNI INVOLVEMENT-AN ELEMENTARY ISSUE
- HOW ABOUT THIS FOR YOUR ALUMNI MAGAZINE
May -June 2000
- HONORING CLASSES AND INDIVIDUALS AT REUNION
- WHICH LEVEL OF INTERNET USE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- A GREAT REUNION FOLDER IDEA!
- 3 STEPS TO STRONGER ALUMNI PROGRAMS
- TIPS FOR CLASS REPS
- COULD THIS LETTER BE FROM ONE OF YOUR ALUMS?
March 2000- April 2000
- HOW-TO'S FOR NEW ALUMNI DIRECTORS
- EASY-TO-USE GUIDELINES FOR PHONATHONERS
- THE BENEFITS OF SHORT, FOCUSED QUESTIONNAIRES
- HOMECOMING & REUNIONS, ONE DAY FITS ALL
- HOW TO PUT YOUR REUNIONS IN HIGH GEAR
- ALUMNI CAN BE GREAT FUNDRAISERS
- WHY I LOVE BEING AN ALUMNI DIRECTOR
- ONE SCHOOL, TWO VIEWS: FROM THE ALUMNI OFFICE, & FROM AN ALUMNI